Breast lift in London, Bordeaux and Royan
Breast lifts, also known as breast ptosis treatment, are a surgical procedure that ‘lift up’ your breasts. Many women feel as though their breasts ‘droop.’ This is called breast ptosis. Breasts can drop or lose shape naturally after a pregnancy, breast-feeding, a sudden weight loss, or aging that causes the skin on your breasts to become less firm and less full.
Breasts can droop and lose their shape due to a decrease in volume.
Doctor Lemierre has been practicing cosmetic medicine for over ten years in Bordeaux and Royan and is specialised in breast surgeries. By choosing a breast lift, you are giving yourself the opportunity to have more beautiful, symmetrical, and voluptuous breasts.
This will restore your self-confidence. You will be able to dress however you want and have the possibility to wear the most beautiful bathing suits and shirts that show-off your cleavage.
Whatever the cause may be, if you have breasts that drop down or have lost their shape, Doctor Lemierre is ready to welcome you in one of his clinics in Bordeaux and Royan to find the best treatment plan for you. Sagging breasts can be a daily burden. In the following sections you will find the answers to your questions.
Why choose to have a breast lift? What are the advantages and inconveniences? What does a typical session look like? What are the expected results?
- Why choose to have a breast lift?
- What are the advantages and possible inconveniences/risk?
- What does a typical session look like?
- An immediate and natural result
- What is the post-operation process?
Breast lifts remove excess skin from the chest area. For the most part, drooping breasts (breast ptosis) is caused by pregnancies, breast-feeding, aging, or sudden weight loss.
If you feel insecure or burdened by this on a daily basis, a breast lift can help you ‘perk’ up your breasts. By choosing a breast lift, you will have beautiful, well-shaped, voluptuous, and symmetrical breasts.
To summarise, breast ptosis may occur:
- During adolescence: because of genetic factors
- After a pregnancy or breast feeding: your breasts can increase in size and volume, which can then cause your skin to stretch and sag
- After a sudden weight loss: the breasts can appear ‘droopy’ and as though they have lost volume
Breast lifts can be done at any age, beginning after puberty when you are 17 or 18 years old. The daily inconveniences associated with breast ptosis are numerous: difficulty exercising, less wardrobe choices, discomfort during heat waves…
You can opt for a ptosis treatment without implants:
- Doctor Lemierre can ‘lift up’ your breasts and maintain your cup size. Many women want perkier breasts without increasing their size. Doctor Lemierre can re-position your nipples without prosthetics by removing excess skin and performing a glandular reshaping to give you perkier breasts.
You can opt for a ptosis treatment with implants:
- After a pregnancy or breastfeeding, your breasts may droop, sag, or lose shape. They may have lost volume, making it difficult for them to look perky. For well-shaped, harmonious, and natural results, a breast lift can be combined with breast lipostructure.
The advantages of a breast lift:
- Your breasts will be more aesthetically pleasing: rounder, perkier, and more firm
- Your nipples will look more symmetrical
- Your breasts will be smoother to touch
- After 1 year, your scars are almost unnoticeable and will continue to gradually disappear over time
Other advantages: your cleavage will fill out your shirts, you will feel good about your body, be proud of your breasts, and feel free to dress however you want. In order to have the best results you can combine a breast lift with a breast reduction in the case of a breast hypertrophy or a breast augmentation through implants or lipostructure in the case of hyperplasia or a sudden loss of volume.
The possible inconveniences/risks of a breast lift:
- Irregular scarring
- Loss of sensation or feeling in the breasts/nipples
- Skin necrosis
- A haematoma that requires surgical intervention
- Pulmonary embolism
These inconveniences are rare. To limit the risks, it is important that you stop smoking one month before and after the procedure. Tobacco increases all risks associated with general anaesthesia. It is also highly recommended that you avoid taking medicine containing aspirin in the two weeks leading up to the operation.
Breast lifts are a surgical procedure done with general anaesthesia. This requires a pre-operation consultation session with an anaesthesiologist. Doctor Lemierre will also request you have a mammography or an ultrasound before the operation.
The procedure lasts between an hour and a half and three hours and is followed by 24 hours of hospitalisation.
Depending on your wants and needs, Doctor Lemierre will use one of the following techniques which will be chosen during the consultation session when Doctor Lemierre evaluates your breast ptosis.
- For minor ptosis with lack of volume: Doctor Lemierre will suggest implants that have minimal scarring around the nipple; the implants will lift the breasts.
- For moderate ptosis: he will use the ‘vertical’ technique to remove the excess skin. This is an incision around the nipple that goes down towards the fold under the breast.
- For major ptosis: he will opt for the ‘Inversed T’ or ‘anchor’ technique. This is an incision around the nipple (vertical and horizontal incision) that goes down to the fold under the breasts and then follows the crease. The anchor incision is the most common technique because the scarring is minimal and allows the breasts to better adapt to their new shape and positioning.
Each one of the techniques can be combined with breast implants; it all depends on what you want.
The result is immediate. After the procedure your breasts will be well shaped, well proportioned, natural, and symmetrical. Your beautiful, new breasts will be noticeable immediately. The shape, volume, and scars that you will have to massage, will continue to evolve in the months following the operation. You will be able to fully enjoy the final results about 6 months after the procedure.
The scars will be nearly invisible about one year after the operation.
After the procedure your breasts will be perkier, well shaped, and have a permanent push-up effect if you opt for breast implants. Your breasts post-operation will remain natural and sensitive to hormonal variations.
You will no longer feel insecure or burdened by your breasts, and the results will have positive effects in terms of your physical intimate life, aesthetically, and mentally.
The day after the operation Doctor Lemierre will remove your bandages. You will have to wear a compression bra night and day for a month, and then only during the day for two months if you have had inversed T incisions. If you have received implants, the follow-up procedure is shorter. You should avoid wearing bras with wiring.
Your scars should not be exposed to direct sunlight for a year after the operation (to avoid permanent scarring).
Swelling and bruising may occur, but will disappear two to three weeks after the operation.
You are suggested to take about 8 to 15 days of time off from work and other activities.
You may resume physical activities including sports 4 to 6 weeks after the operation. If the implants have been placed behind the muscle it may be longer.
Follow-up consultation sessions will be scheduled with Doctor Lemierre, as would be done for any surgical procedure.
Taking care of your scars
For 15 days after the procedure, your scars will not look too bad. It is after this period that your scars will become redder, thicker, and harder. Do not worry, this is a good sign! This ‘inflammatory’ period can last up to 9 months.
To optimise the scarring process and make them nearly invisible, you will have to massage your scars. As of 15 days post-op, you will very delicately apply a scarring cream that the doctor has prescribed for one month. The first massages may be a bit painful, but do not be alarmed. Over time, it will become less and less painful thanks to the reoccurring massages. You should massage the scars one or two times a day for about ten minutes. Many studies show that these massages lessen the effects of the scarring to give you a better aesthetic and cosmetic result post-operation.
Doctor Lemierre is available to provide you with any additional information. Do not hesitate to make an appointment to meet him in any of his clinics in Bordeaux or Royan to ask him any questions you may have.