Liposuction / lipoaspiration in London, Bordeaux and Royan
Liposuction, also known as lipoaspiration, is one of the best cosmetic body surgery techniques. Doctor Lemierre has practiced liposuction for over 10 years in Bordeaux and Royan and is now considered a specialist in this domain.
This technique directly removes surplus body fat.
Thanks to liposuction or lipoaspiration, Doctor Lemierre can suck out the excess body fat to give you a more harmonious and unified silhouette. This technique is not intended to help you lose weight, it is meant to eliminate deep internal body fat using an aspiration system that reshapes and slims down your silhouette for a durable result. These clumps of fatty tissues often accumulate in several zones: the stomach, love handles, thighs, saddlebags, knees, ankles, back, arms, and even the face (double chin).
For any one of the procedures he offers, Doctor Lemierre makes it a point to guide his patients towards a healthy lifestyle: staying active, a healthy diet, etc. Combining cosmetic surgery with a healthy lifestyle strengthens the results of the procedure so you can be fully satisfied.
In any zone of surplus fat on your body, it is important that your skin remains elastic. The elasticity of your skin is what allows Doctor Lemierre to obtain excellent results. If your skin is wrinkled or saggy, liposuction may not give you satisfying results.
- Why choose liposuction/lipoaspiration?
- What are the advantages and inconveniences?
- What does a typical session look like?
- A natural and long lasting result
- What are the post-procedural results?
As previously indicated, liposuction removes localised excess fat by using the skin’s elasticity to withdraw skin and fat.
If you feel like you are carrying around surplus fat, Doctor Lemierre has several procedures to offer you. Clumps of fat can be concentrated in several zones:
- Stomach: if you have extra fat like a ‘muffin top,’ Doctor Lemierre offers liposuction to treat the area. This can also be combined with a stomach lift (tummy tuck).
- Saddlebags: outer thigh liposuction
- Inner thighs: Are your inner thighs a problem area for you? Would you like to have thinner legs and thighs that do not rub against one another? The space between your thighs, commonly referred to as a ‘thigh gap’ in the United States, is a major reason as to why women choose inner thigh liposuction. If your skin is sagging in this region, Doctor Lemierre also offers a thigh lift which can amplify the results of your liposuction.
- Knees: over time, knees have a tendency to accumulate fat. Liposuction in this area will give you leaner lower limbs and you will look slimmer. It is possible to have liposuction done on the upper, lower, and exterior parts of your knee.
- Ankles: it is very common that fatty tissues accumulate at your ankles. Once again, liposuction will remove this excess fat or skin. Esthetically and practically you will feel lighter and more comfortable.
- The back: back liposuction will eliminate the clumps of fat which gather in the back and can appear at any age.
- Love handles
- Calves: if your calves are unsightly and lacking muscle, Doctor Lemierre offers calf liposuction, which is rare. Be aware, these zones have to contain fatty tissues.
- The face: if you feel like your face is too oval and you have a double chin, Doctor Lemierre welcomes you to his clinic where he can offer you face liposuction.
Thanks to liposuction, Doctor Lemierre and his team that have been working together for over ten years, will be able to redraw your body’s contour by permanently eliminating localised fat that does not disappear with diets or physical activity. Liposuction can be combined with a lifting for an even more natural and long lasting result.
- Immediately eliminates localised fatty tissues
- Permanent removal of localised fatty tissues (combined with regular physical activity and a healthy diet, the fat will never reappear)
- Improved physical appearance
- Renewed self esteem and self-confidence
The possible inconveniences and risks:
- Phlebitis (thrombosis)
Apart from the swelling and bruising that are happen after any surgical procedure, the other inconveniences are very rare. With over ten years experience, Doctor Lemierre will know how to guide and reassure you in case of a rare inconvenience. Thanks to recent innovations, these complications very rarely occur.
Liposuction/lipoaspiration removes areas of stubborn fat that haven’t responded to diet or exercise.
From the first consultation, Doctor Lemierre will be ready to listen to you to understand your wants and needs. The examination will determine if liposuction is possible.
The procedure can last anywhere between 30 minutes and 3 hours depending on which areas are being treated. The treatment area will also determine whether general anesthesia is recommended. Liposuction is done using thin needles measuring between 2 and 4 milimetres that are connected to a tube with a sucking mechanism. The scarring is minimal and almost invisible to the naked eye. They will be in the places where the needles pierce the skin.
The small needles provide natural and long lasting results.
It is important to note that the amount of fat Doctor Lemierre can remove depends on your body’s morphology. He will do everything possible to give you a well-drawn and contoured silhouette. If there is a lot to remove, you will have to schedule several sessions to ensure that your skin will shrink also. Each session needs to be about 2 to 3 months apart.
Just like for any other surgical procedure he does, Doctor Lemierre makes it a point to advise and accompany each one of his patients before, during, and after the procedure. A healthy diet and exercise will optimise the results of your liposuction and allow you to stay in shape.
A commitment to physical activity and a healthy diet are an essential aspect that contributes to the final results of a liposuction.
Liposuction has been gaining popularity in men and women. It offers a natural and long lasting result.
We insist that a healthy lifestyle is essential for a successful liposuction; it is more important than for other procedures.
If you gain some weight evenly throughout your body, the areas which received liposuction will remain relatively stable, however this is why it is important to have a healthy diet and regular and intense exercise (walking, hiking, jogging, biking, cardio, etc.) to maintain and optimise the results of your liposuction.
To fully appreciate the final results of your liposuction, you will have to wait between 4 and 6 months, which is the time it takes for the skin to shrink and become firm.
The swelling of the treatment zones will diminish between 10 and 15 days after the procedure.
The pain will stop between 3 and 8 days after, and the bruising will disappear between 15 days and 3 weeks after the procedure.
By wearing an elastic girdle you can reduce the swelling and bruising.
You can begin to walk again the day after your procedure, and it is even recommended to avoid any risk of phlebitis. However, you should not exercise or expose yourself to the sun or UV rays.
If you decide to have more than one liposuction session, you should wait about 6 months between each procedure.
Doctor Lemierre and his team are available if you have any questions or concerns. Do not hesitate to contact them for more information on liposuction or to make an appointment.